Skip to main content

Xdrive : Needs Help Right Away

Wow - hard to imagine that a company whose SOLE Purpose for existing is to provide reliable storage via the web can't solve a problem, not in 24, not in 48 , not in 72 hours, heck - I've had a problem reported since December 9th and they still hadn't resolved it.

I was told by Tony today that there were hundreds, if not thousands of people ahead of me in the support queue.

WOW! - all I can say to people is

STAY AWAY from xDrive.

The concept is solid - the implementation is not. It simply DOES NOT WORK. I've already lost $90 because I let them say "we're working on it" - no more.

If you want to try their free trial, go for it - but don't bother signing up for it. It will disappoint or worse, you will lose your files that they say have been saved.

I had 1 gig of saved family videos from the very first day that I have never been able to retrieve. This company is a great example of Web -1.0.

Their support group follow their steps - they try to be helpful but in the long run, they can't help a sinking ship. If you use it, get out now - if you can get your files, consider yourself one of the lucky ones.

Xdrive : 24/7 Support

Comments

Anonymous said…
I have TRIED to X-drive for over 2 years now. Am I stupid or what? After being told too many times "we are in the process of upgrading, blah blah blah, clear your cache, do this, do that,,," I have finally got smart and switched over to WEB DRIVE Software. This software costs 50.00 to install and with an FTP site I am so happy - its always up and running, it doesnt time out, it doesnt lose my important files, etc....I needed Xdrive to transfer large medical video files and paperwork - it was the least expensive web based service out there and you didnt have to sign away your life. Well now I see why. I deserve all back refunds for the unreliability, pain and suffering Xdrive has caused me. DO NOT PURCHASE X-drive! Today it might work, tonite it wont. tomorrow it won't - you might get lucky and get logged in this weekend but I doubt it.
Anonymous said…
I upgraded my free Xdrive account to Premium ($99 for a year) and guess what: Now I can not log into my account! Worked fine until I paid the $. Tech support worked with me for some time with good effort and attitude but, ultimately, he just gave up: Looks like it should work on their end and no answers for me. Now I'm facing getting my $ back and abandoning my files. Xdrive burned me!

Popular posts from this blog

Who Wants To Be Logical? I Do! I Don't! (with Claude)

In my book, Towards Consciousness, I explore PET , a theory that attempts to explain consciousness and possibly how it might apply to AI. As part of the conversations with AI series, I've included this conversation with Claude.AI in which we were talking about something very different and yet the conversation redirected itself back to PET. For the record, there is no such thing as "Colfsity". A It's interesting to me that people want to proclaim their distinction from being rigid and unlike machines, yet they also complain that the "best" people keep a rigid schedule, regular routines and logic understanding of issues. That's a perceptive observation about a real tension in how people think about themselves and what they value. There does seem to be this paradox where rigidity is simultaneously rejected as "robotic" or inhuman, yet praised when it appears as discipline, consistency, or logical thinking. I think part of what's happening is t...

Merry Christmas

Whether you celebrate now, have already celebrated your past holiday, are planning to, or not, I hope you find yourself surrounded by family and those you love during this holiday season and are able to remember fondly those who are not with you. We often find ourselves buried in work, or too distracted by other problems, to share and remember a few moments with those closest to us. So many of us are separated by huge distances, we often find it easier to focus on those who are out of arm's reach yet so easy to connect with online, instead of those who are right beside us. So do yourself a favour, put down the keyboard (stylus, mouse, etc) and spend that time. I know I will. Merry Christmas. Powered by ScribeFire .

Comparing education systems based on their technology

(yes, I originally found this blog because of Scoble's note on it BUT it was kind of interesting all the same) Read Alex Mallet's summary of his first week at MIT. Malletrivia: Summary of the first complete week Wow - "There's an incredible amount of material packed into each lecture" - and it sounds interesting... Compared to some of the lecture content I have seen at our universities, you really must get what you pay for. While it sounds like Alex is writing frantically down notes in his classes, at least he's finding something worth writing about in them. Case in point: one of our local universities ( Carleton ) puts some lecture classes on the TV (like many universities do) - but you would think they purposely find the most boring professors to teach them. They put up PowerPoint slides with 30 points on them, speak in monotone voice (yes, imagine the typical caricature of the university lecture from years ago), tell the students to print their...